The Keyhole® Early Intervention Programme in ASD
The Keyhole® Early Intervention Programme in ASD: 2 day workshop
Date: 16th & 17th May 2017
Venue: Donard, Knockbracken Healthcare Park, Saintfield Road, Belfast, BT8 8BH
Course aimed at: Anyone working with pre-school children with an ASD in an Early Years setting i.e. all playgroup, parent toddler, nursery school or classroom and private day care staff.
Course Outline: The Keyhole® Early Intervention Programme is a holisitic approach for young children with ASD in order to nurture and enhance their development from as early as possible. The Keyhole® Pre-School training package is a 12.5 hour course divided into five sections: Autism, Play, Interaction, Communication and Behaviour.
By the end of the course, participants would:
- Have explored how Autism manifests in the pre-school child and what difficulties the child may have in the early year's situation
- Be able to identify strategies for effectively interacting with children with ASD
- Have knowledge of the basic principles of the management of Autism in the early year's group
- Have knowledge of how to structure activities with children with ASD
- Have developed their skills in interacting with pre-school children who have ASD and their parents
Keyhole® is a recognised AQA Level 2 Qualification - Five Unit Award. An AQA accreditation is a recognised agreed standard showing your commitment to enhancing your organisations quality of service.
If you would like to attend this workshop, please fill in the attached form at the bottom of the page and send it back toChristine Quail, Autism NI, Donard, Knockbracken Healthcare Park, Saintfield Road, Belfast, BT8 8BH. For more information, please call Christine on 02890401729 (Option 4) or email email@example.com