Rainbow Resource Kits
Our Rainbow Resource Kits provide comprehensive information to parents of newly diagnosed children to support them in understanding their child and a range of Autism Strategies they can use. The packs contain a range of six specialised booklets and resources, including:
- A positive start for life: Explores the importance of connecting with your child and using a structured approach when developing and learning new skills.
- Communication and Socialisation: Building skills including attention, turn taking, eye contact, and listening through age appropriate activities.
- Play: A range of practical ideas for developing Play skills which are vital building blocks for child development, particularly social and reciprocal play.
- Making Sense of Sensory: Understanding a range of strategies to understand sensory differences and regulate thier childs individual sensory profile.
- Parent to Parent: This booklet, written by a group of parents, discusses a range of considerations for families including daily living skills, behaviour, independence and impact on siblings and other family members.
- Top Twelve Tips: Used as a ‘quick reference guide’ to support parents and other family members/carers throughout their Autism journey and maintain confidence in their knowledge and skills.
Many thanks to James Tudor Foundation who funded the re-design and re-print of this resource.
These booklets can be downloaded below.
- 1 Autism NI - Rainbow Resource - POSITIVE START.pdf (1.70 MB)
- 2 Autism NI - Rainbow Resource - COMMUNICATION.pdf (1.94 MB)
- 3 Autism NI - Rainbow Resource - PLAY.pdf (1.62 MB)
- 4 Autism NI - Rainbow Resource - MAKING SENSE.pdf (1.63 MB)
- 5 Autism NI - Rainbow Resource - PARENT TO PARENT.pdf (2.49 MB)
- 6 Autism NI - Rainbow Resource - Top 12 Tips.pdf (913.31 KB)