Leave a Legacy
Your legacy gift to Autism NI
Autism NI works to provide life changing services for the 30,000 people living with the daily challenges of autism throughout Northern Ireland. These services include a parent support network, family support service, helpline service, early intervention service, tailored home support, training and education courses, developmental research and also lobbying for services for individuals with autism.
Currently one in thirty-four school age children in Northern Ireland are diagnosed with Autism and this figure is set to steadily increase in the future.
Thank you so much for considering leaving in your Will a gift to Autism NI, Northern Ireland’s leading autism charity.
Leaving a legacy gift in your Will
You can help our work by remembering Autism NI in your will. Legacies are vital to Autism NI to guarantee our lifeline services for future generations. Please consider making a bequest to Autism NI by either making a new will or adding a codicil to your existing one. You don't have to be wealthy to make a difference. Legacies of all sizes play an invaluable role in our work.
A gift to Autism NI doesn't necessarily have to be a big amount, and all gifts are appreciated. You may like to leave a specific sum such as £50 or £500 or even £5000 or leave a share of your estate after you have made provisions for your nearest and dearest. As an alternate to a monetary sum, you may also like to leave a gift of memorabilia of an item that you think may be of value to Autism NI. Just think of the vital difference your gift could make to an individual or family who lives with the daily challenges of autism.
How to leave Autism NI a gift in your Will
Leaving a legacy gift is an important decision and one that much thought should be given to, it doesn’t however have to be complicated. Here are some of the basics:
- State in your Will that you would like to leave a gift to Autism NI. We recommend using a solicitor or professional will-writer to make sure your Will is legal and valid.
- Include our full name and Address, to make sure the money goes to the right place: Autism NI, Donard, Knockbracken Healthcare Park, Saintfield Road, Belfast, BT8 8BH. Inland Revenue Charity Number XR 22944. NI Charity Commission Number: NIC 100 240.
- If you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose or in a specific location, you can add this in to your Will.
- If you have already written Autism NI into your Will, we’re very grateful and would love it if you could let us know.
What types of gift can you leave?
We receive many different types of gift in people’s Wills, and we’re so grateful for every single one. Here are a few types of gift you can leave us:
- A share of your estate - After other wishes have been fulfilled for your family and friends, you can leave a share, or the remainder, of your estate to us. This is called a ‘residuary gift’.
- Cash gift - This is when you leave a specific amount of money to Autism NI, large or small. It’s known as a ‘pecuniary gift’.
- A specific gift - Property or possessions that you think would be valuable to Autism NI.
- A proportion or percentage of what you own.
You can make a difference
Autism NI relies on the generosity of people to fund its vital support services. All monies received by Autism NI is spent in Northern Ireland.
When you leave a legacy gift in your Will to Autism NI, you can be confident that your donation will help fund vital services for individuals and families living with the daily challenges of autism in Northern Ireland.
If you would like more information on leaving a legacy gift in your Will to Autism NI, please contact email@example.com or call 028 9040 1729.
If you have already left a legacy to us, or if you intend to, we'd like to say a word of thanks. If you fill out the Pledge Form (see link below) we will keep you up to date with our work by sending you our newsletter. Thank you.