Charity of the Year
Choosing us as your Charity of the Year will help us to fund a number of core services and projects including our:
- Branch Network
- Parent Support Service
- Family Support Officers
- Advice Line
- Training for Parents and Professionals
- Lobbying and Awareness campaigns
If you choose Autism NI as Charity of the year, we can help with:
- Widely recognised in the press and media through positive PR and publicity opportunities, we will endeavor to acknowledge your support on our Autism NI website, social media and newsletters.
- Posters, leaflets and merchandise tailored to your company/event.
- Autism NI will listen to your needs and strive to deliver tailored packages that meet your expectations and requirements for a Charity of the Year partner.
- We can provide you with support and all the fundraising materials you will need – t-shirts, collections buckets/boxes, stickers, sponsorship forms and more.
- Work with you to organise and promote your fundraising events, to gain maximum outcomes.
- Autism NI has strong links with the NI Assembly and have used this to influence support for Autism services in Northern Ireland.
These are just a few of the benefits that you can expect by choosing Autism NI as your company’s Charity of the Year:
Training for front line staff
People with Autism find everyday experiences, such as shopping, going to the cinema or for a meal, overwhelming and difficult. Many staff who deal with the public have benefited from our Autism Awareness training. Upon successful completion of this, a certificate and window sticker for public display is awarded to your business or organisation.
Positive PR and publicity opportunities
Autism NI can work with you to ensure that your valuable contributions to the community are widely recognised in the press and media. We will also be able to acknowledge your support on our Autism NI printed materials, website and quarterly newsletter.
Support for parents
Autism NI will make its services available to any employee who has a child with Autism. We can hold information sessions at your workplace or organisation and encourage parents to join our support groups and benefit from our training courses.
Northern Ireland wide recognition
With our comprehensive training programme, membership and network of 26 branches and local support groups throughout Northern Ireland we reach thousands of people each year.
Staff team building opportunities
Participation in fundraising events is a great way to promote team building in any workplace or organisation.
Making a difference
You will also have the knowledge that you will be making a REAL DIFFERENCE to the lives of children and adults with Autism in Northern Ireland, and their parents and carers. As well as making a BIG difference to a relatively small charity in comparison to other charities within the NI charity sector.
How can YOU help us?
• Yearly calendar of events – April is Autism Awareness Month, Zip Line, Marathons, Treks, Sky Dive, Sponsored Walk and many more ideas.
• Take part in Autism NI’s signature events – Mourne Madness, Wear It Blue, Ben Nevis and Snow Cakes For Autism.
• Have tailored events to suit your organisation – wear it blue day (tie, socks, scarf etc), coffee morning, raffle, golf day.
• Payroll Giving – For example - one year - 200 staff - £5 per month for 12 months = £20,000. This would be one of the easiest fundraising methods and potentially the largest money generator.
• Promote us in your work place by handing out leaflets, putting up posters and encouraging colleagues to take part in events and appeals.
• Sponsorship – make your business part of one of our events or campaigns by sponsoring one.
• Volunteering/Gift in Kind – Do you have something you could give? Valuable skills? Time? Prizes for raffles?
All the money raised STAYS in Northern Ireland helping the 30,000 families living with the daily challenges of Autism.
Can YOU help?
We’re looking for more companies and organisations to work with us or adopt us as their Charity of the Year - please contact our Corporate Fundraising Manager, Sarah-Jayne Cassells, if you think you can help, telephone 028 9040 1729 (option 3) or e-mail email@example.com.