Assessment and Qualification Alliance (AQA)
Do you know that you can obtain an Autism specific qualification when you complete some of our courses with Autism NI?
The Assessment Qualification Alliance (AQA) accredits our training courses.
The AQA Unit Award Scheme is offered by the Assessment and Qualifications Alliance, the largest awarding body in England and Wales.AQA is fully approved by QCA – Qualifications and Curriculum Authority sponsored by the Department of Education and Skills as a scheme which recognises achievement of delegates.
The AQA Unit Award Scheme provides the opportunity to give delegates formal recognition of their success in short courses (units) within the context of recording achievement.The Unit Award scheme provides external accreditation of achievement and provides a route to support lifelong learning.
Training is generally delivered at the following levels:
- Level one - Awareness of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Level two - Specific skills and interventions
Autism NI courses accredited by the Assessment Qualification Alliance
- Features of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- An introduction to Personal Safety for Children
- Understanding Independent Self Care and Autism
- Understanding Social Skills and Autism
- Understanding and Promoting Positive Behaviour and Autism
- Understanding Sensory Processing and Autism
- Understanding social and comic strip stories and Autism
Keyhole 2day Training - 5 unit award at level 2
- Features of Autism in Early Years
- Structured teaching for pre-school children with Autism
- Schedules and work systems for a child with Autism
- Autism and communication issues for pre-school children
- Role of the pre-school setting and children with Autism