Research & Library Service Reports
December 2010 AUTISM BILL
This research paper provides information to support consideration of the Autism Bill, which was introduced into the Assembly on the 8th November 2010. The Autism Bill aims to enhance the provision of services to and support for people with conditions which are on the Autistic Spectrum. (Click on Research Paper link at bottom of page).
November 2008 AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER (ASD) SERVICES
This research paper outlines the main aspects of the DHSSPS Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Strategic Action Plan 2008/09 – 2010/11 consultation document and how they compare to the recommendations and directions for ASD service design and delivery of other relevant ASD strategies and reports, with focus on the Welsh ASD Strategic Action Plan, April 2008 (in preparation for the HSSPS Committee visit to Wales) and the NI Independent Review of Autism Services. Given the ‘person-centred’ and ‘whole-life’ focus referred to in the DHSSPS Action Plan, the provision of services outside the remit of the DHSSPS Action Plan but covered in other jurisdiction’s ASD strategies and reports, with wider remit, is also briefly discussed. (See attachment at bottom of page).
September 2008 IMPROVING SERVICES FOR PEOPLE WITH ASD
This report provides information on the possible ways that Government could further ameliorate the difficulties faced by those suffering from Autism. The report is in three sections. Section one outlines what provision is needed by individuals suffering from Autism. Section two sets out what provision is currently available to assist those with Autism. Section three looks at the ways forward, and how government can make a positive impact on the lives of people with Autism. (See attachment at bottom of page)
The following Northern Ireland Assembly Debates are a historical record of the progress of the Autism Lobby in Northern Ireland. (Please click on the attachments below to view the relevant debate).
The Autism (NI) Bill
The All Party Group on Autism (APGA) decided, by majority vote, to introduce a Private Members’ Bill on Autism and the Bill, introduced into the Assembly in November, is sponsored by Dominic Bradley MLA (AGPA Chairperson). The APGA will need the support of all to ensure that this long overdue legislation has a smooth journey through the NI Assembly. Please click here to view the Autism (NI) Bill 2010
- ASD Services Research Paper (Assembly Research and Library Service.pdf (313.31 KB)
- ASD Research Paper Vincent Gribbin.doc (227.50 KB)
- 2002 debate (the late john mcfee).pdf (39.40 KB)
- Autism Debate 9 Jan 2007.pdf (110.18 KB)
- Debate 2009.doc (139.00 KB)
- oireachtas Debate jan 07.pdf (79.86 KB)
- Debate - Joe Byrne 2002.pdf (216.97 KB)
- Autism Bill Second Reading 7 Dec 2010.docx (113.56 KB)
- Autism Bill First Reading 8 Nov 10.pdf (704.76 KB)
- ASD Services Research Paper (Assembly Research and Library Service.pdf (1.23 MB)
- APGA response to Draft Programme for Government Framework 2016-21.doc (38.00 KB)